OK, so at the first sound of Mamama from down the hallway, I hit submit on the blog post and then came back to catch typos.
Here is the revised “Anna’s Target and Kroger Deals” post…
So far on Saving With Anna, we’ve stayed away from posting store match-ups. I had a reader ask this week, how do I get started, what do I do? I know its overwhelming. I have a post in draft stage that will share my secrets- not really secrets- just how I organize my shopping and store match-ups.
Right now, with the little time I have in between my three daughters’ naps, I want to share some great deals that I found today! I am just in from shopping and between Target and Kroger today, I saved $153 and I’m tired…
So tips that I wanted to share for anyone shopping at either store this weekend-
* The $.19 corn was wiped out. The husks had also been cleaned up and the boxes were completely empty. Several sad shoppers stood around them as if they thought they would magically refill the boxes soon… the tips on this is to not forget that Walmart will price match, just carry your Kroger ad on over to Walmart and you can price match the fresh corn ears and get them for the same price.
* Today’s deal of the day uploaded to your Kroger card- found HERE– is $2 OFF an 8 pack of Powerade. I actually snatched the last one from our store in Chester, VA. They are on sale for $4.99! Great deal at only $2.99 for an 8 pack so $.37 each!
* If you just don’t do the electronic coupons, they have Gatorade on sale for $.59 each. I thought that was a great deal as well with the upcoming long hot summer.
* Dawn dish detergent is on sale for $1. There are many P&G Coupons out there from Sunday inserts, mailings, and online. At Kroger, they double the $.50 coupons and accepted my $1 off coupons. I bought 4 FREE bottles of Dawn.
* Colgate is on sale for $1 and there are also many $.50 and $1 off coupons for Colgate. I bought 2 FREE tubes today.
* My daughters love those mini tubs of ice cream, the single serve, cheap ice creams that are often given at birthday parties. I can’t stand the prices I paid at Walmart on the few occasions that I caved and bought them. Today, Target had clearanced them to $1.04 for 12 three ounce containers of Market Pantry ice cream. The ones that I found at the Chester store were strawberry swirl.
* There are some great deals to be had in the frozen vegetable section. I will be the first to tell you that I am excited about the Farmer’s Market opening soon and fresh fruit and vegetables being available. But you still need to be prepared in your pantry and freezer with a big family. I used Target and Green Giant frozen manufacturer coupons and really racked up.
* Honest Kids Juice and Annie’s Organic items were all on sale for $2.99. I had printed Target coupons for both brands and scored juice, fruit snacks, and granola bars from an awesome company for $1.99 each.
* Target has printable coupons for Kool-aid right now. If you have kids, don’t skip that one because they were on sale at the store for $1.97 with a $1 coupon!
* Market Pantry pasta and spagetti sauce is on sale for $1 or just a little more depending on the variety. I always print these coupons from the Target online coupon bank I had $1 off sauce and pasta, $1 off three boxes of pasta, $1 off four boxes of pasta. These are also an essential to our pantry as last minute spagetti is a family favorite!
* Everyone had been bragging this week about getting FREE Foodsaver machines with the Target and manufacturer coupons stacked. I have to admit that late in the week shopping will not always produce FREE items as our store’s shelf was wiped clean and maybe even dusted as well HA!
If you have any great deal to share, please do. I had so much fun shopping today, I just wanted to share a few hints as to deals I loved today. For all the great deals I found, I still found a lot of things I had to pay full price but we have a family motto of never paying full price unless we absolutely had to. Both cashiers today had to ask for assistance when I handed them such a thick stack of coupons, but we made it with their patience and my organization!